By Charles C. Moul
This brief instruction manual collects essays on all points of the movie via major professionals in political economic climate, economics, accounting, finance, and advertising and marketing. as well as bringing the reader an up to date standpoint on what's recognized and what has been finished, it comprises either new findings on quite a few issues and instructions for added examine. subject matters contain estimation of theatrical and ancillary call for, profitability experiences, the answer of obtrusive paradoxes in studio government habit, the interplay of the and govt, the affects of the latest adjustments in accounting criteria, and the position and significance of participation contracts. New effects comprise findings at the real nature of the seasonality of theatrical call for, the predictive strength of surveys established upon trailers, the effect of the Academy Awards, the efectiveness of previous background measures to gauge forged individuals and administrators, and the substitutability of films throughout assorted genres.
Table of Contents
1. Critiquing Hollywood: the political financial system of films Janet Wasko
2. movie construction within the electronic age: what will we find out about the previous and the longer term S. Abraham Ravid
3. motion picture accounting Harold L. Vogel
4. Theatrical releases and the launching of films Charles C. Moul and Steven M. Shugan
5. the flicks exhibition enterprise: serious matters, perform, and learn Jehoshua Eliashberg
6. earnings out of the image: learn concerns and profit assets past the North American field workplace Charles B. Weinberg.
Read or Download A Concise Handbook of Movie Industry Economics PDF
Best accounting books
Wiley GAAP Workbook offers easy-to-understand assistance and readability to functional functions of GAAP. improving your comprehension of GAAP to allow useful program of a number of occasions that you could be come upon in perform, this workbook and consultant simplifies program of GAAP criteria and interpretations to express real-world events.
Effective tools for Valuing rate of interest Derivatives offers an summary of the versions that may be used for valuing and dealing with rate of interest derivatives. break up into elements, the 1st discusses and compares the conventional versions, comparable to spot- and forward-rate types, whereas the second one concentrates at the extra lately constructed industry versions.
Tax recommendations for the Small enterprise proprietor: decrease Your Taxes and Fatten Your earnings can help the small enterprise proprietor elevate earnings whereas feeling more well-off facing taxes. It starts off by way of the customarily neglected severe choice small enterprise proprietors face once they begin a company: the alternative of commercial entity.
- Management and Cost Accounting, 4th Edition
- Re-Inventing Realities, Volume 10 (Advances in Public Interest Accounting) (Advances in Public Interest Accounting)
- Research in Accounting Regulation, Volume 15 (Research in Accounting Regulation)
- Corporate Governance and Accountability
- J.K. Lasser's New Rules for Small Business and Tax
- Accounting for Real Estate Transactions: A Guide for Public Accountants and Corporate Financial Professionals, Second Edition
Extra info for A Concise Handbook of Movie Industry Economics
The literature on these issues can be traced back to Baumol (1958), Williamson (1964), and Holmstrom (1979). Important later theoretical studies include Smith and Stulz (1985); Froot, Scharfstein, and Stein (1992); and DeMarzo and Duffie (1995). See also Jin (2002) and Lim and Wang (2003). 22 For a discussion of these concepts, see Fershtman and Judd (1987) and Zabojnic (1998). 2a: The percentages of different types of films in various ROI deciles. 09 0 0 0 0 0 This table shows the rates of return from various types of films, divided into deciles.
1994. High Concept: Movies and Marketing in Hollywood, Austin, TX: University of Texas Press. xml CB784-Moul 0 521 84384 7 April 22, 2005 18:19 2 Film Production in the Digital Age – What Do We Know about the Past and the Future? s. abraham ravid Film production is a fascinating process. A raw idea is crystallized into a full-blown production with characters, set, and story. org). Sometimes film development and production are on a fast track. In other cases, the route to production may take a very long time.
1996. Copyrighting Culture: The Political Economy of Intellectual Property, Boulder, CO: Westview Press. Borneman, Ernest. 1976. “United States versus Hollywood. 332–70. xml CB784-Moul 0 521 84384 7 April 22, 2005 14:28 Critiquing Hollywood: The Political Economy of Motion Pictures Compaine, Ben, ed. 1982. Who Owns the Media? Concentration of Ownership in the Mass Communications Industry, White Plains, NY: Knowledge Industry Publications. Conant, Michael. 1960. Antitrust in the Motion Picture Industry; Economic and Legal Analysis, Berkeley, CA: University of California Press.